Brazilian blowout treatment straightens curly or wavy hair, removes the fizz and softens it. It seems to be the answer for people trying to tame problematic hair and is currently a hot trend in the beauty industry. It is best to use it when you need beautiful straight and shiny hair. A professional beauty salon would do the procedure best for you.
What is Brazilian Blowout?
Brazilian hair straightening treatments commonly referred to as Brazilian Blowout, is a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a hair -iron. It claims to make the hair smooth, without causing any damage. Depending on the original texture of the hair, 50-80% of the curl can be reduced in a single setting. Treatments last about 10-12 weeks.
Procedure of Brazilian Blowout
Before starting the procedure, it is advisable to test for allergies if any, and also perform a strand test. Testing a strand is essential in order to have an idea about how one’s hair responds to the product. After taking all the necessary precautions the procedure is performed as such:
- Wash your hair thoroughly to remove dirt and grime.
- Use a wide toothed comb to ease out knots. Take a slow pace.
- Use a towel to cover the neck, and gloves for the hands.
- Hair is parted using a rat-tail comb and a small amount of the product is applied till the roots.
- Repeat till the entire hair is covered.
- Put on a shower cap to cover the hair and leave for half an hour.
- The hair is then dried using a blow dryer and straightened using a ceramic flat iron, which gives shine and straight hair in one go.
- Avoid shampooing for 3 days and also do not tie the hair in ponytails to prevent bending.
The North Hollywood-based manufacturers have also come out with Brazilian Blowout Zero, containing glycolic acid as the active ingredient. It reportedly contains the same hair-straightening capability and is reportedly safe even for pregnant and nursing mothers. One thing is for sure Brazilian Blowout treatments are here to stay.